- To provide Kahnawà:ke’s youth with the opportunity to express & discuss their views in a safe, open & neutral forum.
- To contribute to the social fabric of the community by taking responsibility for decisions that affect our lives.
- To participate and make changes in community policy, processes and legislation.
- To have a venue to be consulted by community organizations.
Who can join the Youth Forum?
Target audience is Kahnawà:ke between the ages of 15-30 years of age. All members of the community are welcome to attend our events.
- Everyone’s voice is valid & equal.
- Everyone had the right to voice his/her opinions in a safe and respectful environment.
- Listen & Respect the speaker.
- Encourage others to speak.
- Avoid interrupting others;
- Turn off cell phones, blackberries, etc.
- Be tough on the issue, not the individual.
- Bonfires & BBQs
- Education Rally (Ottawa)
- Gathering our Voices 2010 Youth Conference
- Meet and Greet with Nakota LaRance (Aboriginal TOTEM Performer)
- TOTEM (Cirque de Soleil)
- 2nd First Nations Youth Forum
- Idle No More Teach-Ins